The Tertiary Oil Recovery Project (TORP) was established in 1974 by the State of Kansas to acquaint Kansas producers with the technical and economic potential of enhanced recovery methods for Kansas oil and gas fields.
Founded by University of Kansas Distinguished Professors Don Green and Paul Willhite TORP’s objectives include:
- Identification and evaluation of the potential for the application of enhanced recovery processes in Kansas reservoirs.
- Research and development of processes that are applicable to Kansas oil and gas reservoirs.
- Investigation of reservoir engineering and geology for characterization of Kansas reservoirs.
- Dissemination of technical information to the Kansas and surrounding oil industry.
- Production of a viable program of technology transfer for the industry.
- Development and provision of technical assistance on field tests and demonstration projects.
- Education of students and operators in enhanced recovery processes and efficient reservoir and operations management.
Don W. Green
G. Paul Willhite (Paul)